RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Janis Callen Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:16:00 -0500
David brought home some fresh-killed venison a few nights ago "for the dog."
While I was cutting and packaging, I tasted some of the tenderloin (mmmmm!)
and immediately trimmed all the grissel-free tender parts for our own use.
Here's how I made it:

first night:
thin sliced, marinated in lemon juice and small amount of olive oil with
sliced green hot peppers, fresh parsely and cilantro, and a little garlic
(go easy on the garlic, it's a neurotoxin at high doses and destroys brain
cells)

second night:
paper-thin sliced (it was partially frozen so easy to slice, mixed with
ginger, chopped onion, some wasabi and a dash of tamari, and served like
sushi with sliced marinated ginger.

Janis