RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meredith Westfall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 19:00:06 -0500 (EST)
Well, Kirt asked for some riveting info, so here it is...

I just gave blood, so those two results are (10/25)
weight 138
b/p  104/62
temp.  98.8
pulse    64
blood type  AB
blood and urine tested 6/95

WBC  6.0
RBC  4.11
HGB  13.0
HCT  37
MCV   90
MCH   32
MCHC   35
RDW    11.5
MPV  9.7
PLAT   235
CA    9.4
PO4  3.3
GLU   74
BUN   11
CREAT  1.0
BUN/CR   11
URIC    3.2
CHOLES.   220  (family has high cholesterol)
TRIG     46
TP     7.3
ALB    4.6
GLOB   2.7
A/G  1.7
ALKP    48
LDH  144
SGOT  21
SGPT   9
BILI  1.0
BILI D  0.4
BILI I  0.6
NA  139
K   4.3
CL  100
CO2   25
ANION  14
FE   109
T4F  1.2

Urinalysis
color  yellow
app.  clear
SPGR   1.009
PH      7.5
ALB   neg
GLU   neg
KET   neg
BILI   neg
blood   trace
WBC  0
RBC  204
EPITH  o
BACT   trace

I don't know what it all means, but I do know that I feel healthier since
I've been working on my nutritional habits.  Have never been much of a
meat eater, haven't consumed many animal products for a while.  Processed
food has been an issue at times.  Salty foods never appealed to me
(chips, other garbage like that), but sugar is a different story.  Am
still working on taming that beast.  I exercise 6-7 days a week for at
least an hour (all at a gym).  I am fairly active and my diet is more raw
than not.  I just had am=nother blood test and will get the results on
Nov. 1st.  I am participating in a study at one of the hospitals ($200
for them to watch my brain activity), so this is one of the perks (maybe?).

Now, here is my blood work pre-I-care-about-my-health stage in 1990.

calcium   10.2
in phosphorus   4.5
glucose   92
urea nitrogen   11
creatinine   1.1
BUN/CREAT    10.0
cholest.    230
trig.   84
total protein   7.2
albumin   4.9
glob     2.2
A/G ration   2.2
bili t.   0.6
LDH  154
NA    142
K   4.7
CL    107
CO2    27
FE   49
WBC   5.6
RBC   4.41
HGB   13.5
HCT   37

urine
color   yellow
clarity    cloudy
spec.grav   1.020
ph  7.5
protein   neg.
glucose   neg.
ketone   neg.
bili    neg.
blood  neg.

So there you have it.  I'm pretty impressed that my triglycerides went
down from  84 to 46. Boy, do I get off on these kinds of test results.

That's all folks,
Meredith