RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gregg M Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 1998 17:06:37 -0700
Hi Ellie!!!

> Has anyone found a good source of live tasty insects? I understand their
> shells have lots of glucosamine, which many of us need.

Well I don't know what "glucosamine" is but I can guess but isn't a good
place to start maybe you're own backyard?  I was wondering that myself
and I read where this one Vegan who is going to be trying Insects now
said he didn't trust Insects that he didn't knew where they came from so
that ruled out the Flying ones and then he ruled out some others.
Basically, I'm think of finding out what I have in my Back and Front
yard and seeing if they have anything in them I need to be cautious
about like some weird alkaloid or something - Who knows - Other than
that though I bet we can see where Insects are raised for Pet Food and
get them for there.

Anyway, let me know what you find out and when I start searching I'll
Post what I find on the List and let's see what we can all find out.

 - Take Care!!!

 - Gregg!!!