RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 23:49:14 -0700
>I've been veg for quite a while now, and recently went the extra step
>and became all raw a couple of weeks ago.  I love the lifestyle, and
>being in Thailand, it's no problem too find the fruits and veggies I
>need to sustain it.  We even have quite a few organic choices now, which
>weren't there 2 or 3 years ago.
>
>I wold like to know what to do about cravings.  The only ones I get are
>for bread or grain products

IF fruits and veggies could sustain you ,you will have no need for
bread.
Okay Wheat is very addictive and to get over  it takes time ,( 6
months in
my case )  even more so if you don't replace it by food with a
substance.
because you are in Thailande it should be easy for you to try raw wild
shrimps that will calm for good your needs for proteins and fats. ( a
friend
is just coming back from Thailande where he found good ones )
When your brain  will get thoses good fats he will not need the
opioids in
wheat to release some "feel good chemical messengers" )
In a country where i could eat as much durian as i need i think bread
will
be ridiculously lifeless and unappealling.( it is here in Canada too
where
we don't get durian but we get good shrimps and salmon)

bon appetit
jean-claude