RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:19:33 -0500 (EST)
Ric--gee whiz, talk about serendipity. A friend brought her stash of
"Mindell Letter" snail newsletters today, including this for March...he's a
pharmacist for 30 years with PhD in Nutrition and a certified master
herbalist. In spite of which I don't know enough about him to be advocate.
But in this issue he devotes a tight page and a half to internal parasites
and what to do naturally!!

(teasing) Want to hear? well, if you promise not to turn me into les
gendarmes...

He verifies that parasites are still prevalent here in the states, not just
the underdeveloped country's, and we get them from raw fish and meat (or
where hygiene is poor). He emphasizes that ---Now Hear This__ if you are
healthy, strong immune system, etc, chances are you can fend off a minor
exposure, and recommends garlic capsules 3X/day and an herbal parasite
formula, plus methysulfonylmethane.

Bear in mind that instant diarrhea will not necessarily happen--symptoms
could take years to show up and are varied.He warns not to trust stool
tests, and chillun, let me tell you, there is a lot of bread and butter
money made out there in doctor's bank accounts (holding hands with the labs)
from these stool tests, when s/he's gonna treat you anyway.

So. (not MY ADVICE, now HEAR??) Goldenseal is good for some of them, and
:black walnut, mugwort, butternut root bark (say WHAT?), pinkroot, wormwood,
and thyme. Grapefruit seed extract, and the MSM mentioed above, good to take
out of the country, helps slough off parasite dense mucous from the
intestinal walls, a good preventive. 1,ooomg 2x/day, $20 for 60 pills. After
treatment take acidophilus for a couple weeks.

Then, what he has to say about the bed partnership between the HMOs and the
insurance co.'s, which decide which drugs the doctor will give, and neither
you nor the doc have any say in it---it will curl your hair.

I spent a coupla hours today trying to find an article on the web I had seen
and thought I had marked, but it was lost---said that a recent symposium in
Europe of prestigious nutritionists had agreed that 100% raw vegetarianism
was to be advocated. Sorry guys, I was going to serve that up with
references as an apology for recent haranguing, but I just can;t find it.

Pat