RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Rzetelny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Nov 1998 21:27:19 EST
In a message dated 11/28/98 12:38:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 > I had some extra fruit last night, say 3-4 servings that day
>(Thanksgiving)
 >  >as opposed to my usual one or fewer --usually fewer--servings. I >broke
out
 >  >in hives and itched. So, if you are in ketosis, can a sudden intake >of
fruit
 >  >or sugar make you itch

Liza said:
 <<There are so many factors to consider, when you get itchy, that it can
 sometimes be hard to single out any one single thing and "blame" it on
 that. It would be nice if things could be that simple, but in reality,
 they're usually not, especially when it comes to human physiology.>>

Yes. I've noticed that I get hives if I overeat. Sometimes if I overeat, my
stomach/intestines become irritated and I get hives. It doesn't seem to matter
what I've eaten or how acidic/alkaline etc my body is.

Since you ate more than usual in this case perhaps this was the cause of your
hives also.

Love
Sandy