RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:08:30 -0500
Lucia Wright wrote:

>Doesn't showering and bathing have health benefits beyond washing away
>odors?  Recently I read some literature by John Lust on water cures, and
>Jethro Kloss also has a section on the health benefits of water (as long
>as it's clean, soft water).

I am not familiar with that either, but I know that in France, there are
two different denominations:
 -"mineral water"
 -"spring water"

"mineral water" is the most restrictive. It is not only required that the
mineral content of the water is stable (among other criteria), but also
that the water has medicinal properties. I don't know how it is decided
that a given water has such properties and another one doesn't.

"Evian" is the most well-known French mineral water in the U.S., but there
are many others (Volvic, Vittel, Contrexeville...).

Now, of course, no one can go to a spa twice a day to have a bath...

Concerning the water we get from the tap, apart from hardness, the other
problem is that when you have a shower, you inhale at the same time
(a little quantity of) chlorine vapors. The quantity depends on where you
live, and of course, some people are more sensitive than others. A system
of water purification might then be desirable.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis