RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"karen kellock Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 19:26:08 -0700
You say Atkins has no common sense theory behind it--that it is
"unnatural
and unhealthy."  Looking
at it in a Paleo sense, it's totally natural--just some veg and meat.
And
the theory behind it makes
perfect sense to me:  eat carbo (starch and sugar), insulin goes up
and you
get fat.  Delete carbo and
eat protein and fat (the only two things left) and insulin is held
down
(glucagyn is elevated instead) and
you then burn fat, release all water and salt from the kidneys, dilate
all
capillaries (rather than constrict
with insulin)--it's a TOTAL OPENING SENSATION, a rush of energy as
everthing--all superfluity,
all non-essentiality--burns off.  Wow!   what a relief--release of
obstruction.  It was all coming from the
fruit for me--the very thing I was using to dissolve obstruction was
actually causing it, by continually
raising insulin which HELD WATER (puffy!), constricted all blood
vessels
(hypertension--mad all the
time!) and along with all this hidden water retention and irritability
were
FAT POCKETS all through
the body--you know what I mean, back of the arms etc (men and women
pack
differently).  Well now
it's all gone, now that the fruit's all gone!  Streamlined, fit,
athletic
and happily dilated not constricted.

Over and out, Karen.