RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer/J-C Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 17:59:42 -0700
>not me--the rawfood movement is actually killing people.

i suppose you mean raw vegan .

you can have a raw paleodiet . There is no need to cook to not suffer
from
the deficiencies of a raw vegan diet, just add animals products .

I see a danger in being over enthousiastic about paleodiet specially
if
hunters gatherers diet are use as an alibi to eat lot of domesticated
unaturally raised animals ,cooked. That is simply not comparable,
their health
is due to a completly diferent life style not limited to a different
diet
and their relationship to food in general is in a completely different
paragdime than the relationship to food of agrarian societies . And we
are
an agrarian society ! so we might need to change that mentality in the
process.
Paleo is certainly better in certain aspect than a raw vegan but on
others
it might be worse.

From my point of view both have sounds arguments and we might mature
quicker
if both were trying to see the common ground ( because there is one)
The danger of frutarianism might be more from the overenthousiastic
attitude
than the principles behind.
Paleo enthousiast run into the same risk.

jean-claude