RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:51:19 -1000
Thanks for changing the subject line. Melisa is, of course, no longer PG,
but the idea that our 21 lb 7 month old is entirely a product of her and
her breastmilk...well, things are looking great.

Ellie:
>Is she eating the salmon raw?

Rarely raw. She prefers salmon grilled. Prefers tuna raw, sometimes steamed.

>Any particular brand of canned salmon?

Bumblebee Pink at $2.99 for _two_ 14oz cans from Costco--any incredible
value, but fresh is preferred. The canned has listed as ingredients:
salmon, water, salt. It is a great traveling food. A can is a very
satisfying meal.

>Is
>it wild?

Yes.

>Maybe I can get that in NYC. Pork chops...how does she cook
>them?

Grilled. I cook them, as is the role of the male ;)

>Does she make her own coconut cream or buy it?

It comes in cans like frozen OJ concentrate. When thawed it is the
consistency of the firmest cream or "grainy yogurt but lighter" in her
words. I think it is probably pasturized. She eats/drinks fresh baby
coconuts as well.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft