RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 14:33:53 -0400
>Dear Paul,
>Please provide for us the "recipe" for your detoxifier smoothie.  Thanks.

>Dr. Sidney Davis
>Naturopath

It changes. Here is what I had this morning:

1 lemon, juice and pulp
1/4 whole pineapple
1 large handful of grapes
2 tbsp Superfood (Dr. Shulze formula)
2 tbsp Dr Schulze Intestinal Cleanse #2 (bentonite, psyllium,
charcoal,
various herbs)
4 large Country Hen Eggs (yolk and white)

Mixed in blender. It comes out very thick and gets thicker as it
stands.

The formula I began with, prescribed by a naturopath I was seeing,
used
apple juice instead of pineapple, and also contained a fermented yeast
formula, special whole food complex powder (similar to Superfood),
liquid
minerals, liquid bentonite (3 tbsp) and psyllium powder (1 tbsp) and
red
beet crystals. I'll probably go back to the liquid bentonite for
awhile when
the Intestinal Cleanse #2 is finished, but I think I'll continue to
use
Superfood. Don't know if adding liquid minerals is a good thing or
not. I
was also adding some acidophilus powder to it for awhile.

My naturopath thought adding raw eggs was fine; I've found over the
past
year lots of raw Country Hen eggs just about daily - or raw yolks with
whites lightly sauteed sometimes - helped me gain strength and energy
and
renew my sex drive (and no indication of egg allergy, supposedly very
common). After the drink, because of the eggs, I can go 5 - 6 hours
without
another meal.

Paul