RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 08:04:48 -0800
>I meant our genes must be realy adapted to these fruits because they are
>said to be the most ancient ones, the first fruits to appear on Earth. I
>used to live in Sri Lanka (Ceylon) for some years and there they were my
>basic and prefered food, along with durian... and sea turtles eggs!

Tom:
Check:
http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/jackfruit_ars.html

The origin of the jackfruit is uncertain, but it is probably not
African in origin. Thus if one believes that human evolution took
place in Africa, then jackfruit is probably not - in the strict sense -
an evolutionary food.

The champedak is discussed at the end of the URL above. It appears to
be of Southeast asian origin, hence is not an evolutonary food
in the strict sense. Similar remarks apply to durians:

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/morton/durian_ars.html

I'm more than a little busy so probably won't have time to participate
in followup discussion on this topic. I encourage all to read
the URLs above.

Tom Billings