RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Frank Wuts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 09:52:34 -0700
Peter Brandt wrote:
> I am in the process of contacting the major spirulina producers in the US
> to get their feedback on the B12 analogue issue.

You might ask about the mechanism of B12 inhibition. Is it irreversible
or competitive. It is possible that with enough real B12 the analoques
do not cause a problem. It is also possible that the analogues form a
stronger bond then the real B12 in which case adding B12 will have a
minimal effect. It seems that only a small amount of B12 is necessary
for normal functioning which means to me that there are only a few
active B12 sites available. This means to me that even a small amount of
B12 analoques could be a problem.

Frank.