RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tiina Makela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 13:39:48 +0200
>Instinctive diet is virtually no "diet", you can forget all you ever learned
>about combinations, preparing and whatever. It is about eating only what
>your body is attracted to. The natural way to find something attractive to
>eat is by smelling the foods you have to choose from. The body has to be in
>need of food (you got to feel real hunger, not just some old craving) before
>you start. This way you communicate from your true needs, not what you
>believe you need like we often do. The smell of the food is a message to
>your body cells and they read it and respond immideately.

Oh. I was just about to ask about instinctive eating in this list and then,
just today KK writes about it here! Well, I don`t believe in chance...

Anyway, yesterday I decided not to eat my seaweed anymore cause it smells
disgusting, its` taste is the most terrible in the world and cause I don`t
get swallowed it any more! I also decided not to study any more does my
foods contain enough this and that vitamin, this and that micronutrient,
proteins etc. etc. I also decided not to answer the questions people are
asking me (where do you get your Calcium etc. etc.), instead, I ask them to
tell me as I start looking bad or ill.

I am going to eat only food that smells good and tastes good. It`s the way
animals eat, but I`m afraid some of MY instincts may be hidden behind our
civilization, but I still believe I`ve not lost all of them! Right now my
inner voice says that eating healthy does not provide any huge effort like
gathering all information from all sources available. I know, intuitively,
that eating in the right way is a simple thing. Does it apply to us,
civilized people or just to animals and maybe some primitive human cultures
only? Further, eating instincively might be a little bit easier in the
tropics. So: Do you think I`m at a wrong place, do I have any hope to learn
to eat instinctively?

Love
Tiina (whose soul thirst for living under the open sky!)