RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gary Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Nov 2001 07:47:20 -0500
well, now, ground flax isn't very natural, is it?

certainly there are other sources of omegas

Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> on
11/22/2001 07:56:40 PM

Please respond to Raw Food Diet Support List

Sent by:  Raw Food Diet Support List <[log in to unmask]>

To:   [log in to unmask]
cc:
Subject:  Re: Evolution: thoughts about Beyond Veg and raw meat

Arjen:
As far as I know there are only 2 essential fatty acids: Omega 3 and
Omega 6. Flax oil is 55-65% Omega 3 and 15-25% Omega 6. Research
suggests that Omega 6/ Omega 3 should be no greater than 5/ 1
(typical in most diets 20/ 1). Since getting enough Omega 6 doesn't
seem to be a problem, a rich Omega 3 source in your diet is
essential. Flax is perfect for that. I know that you have to eat
quite a bit of that, but that is not a problem for me (dehydrated
flax crackers and ground up flax seeds).

Jo:
"As far as I know..."

At least your humble. ;)

But I've really wanted to try ground flax for a long time, thanks.

Arjen:
I don't expect to have problems, since I am eating according to my
biological make-up as opposed to most people on this board. But if
that happens, I will deal with it then. There is no reason to bother
myself with a question of which it is extremely unlikely that it
needs to be answered.

Jo:
Your belief and confidence can take you far. Mine didn't.

You'll have to allow others to determine whether they're eating
according to their biological make-up. And I hope you never have to
choose between long term health and ethical directives regarding your
diet.

Arjen:
No you are not. These were your exact words: "it is very hard to
argue with an argumentative SOMEONE WHO CAN'T THINK CLEARLY." (my
capitalizing) That is obviously referring to me as a person!

Jo:
That may be so but let's relax a bit, OK? There's no reason to add
you to the List of Rabid Raw Vegans. LOL

Again, thanks for reminding me about the ground flax.

Take care,
Jo