RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Shea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 23:47:57 -0700
Ellie:
>All of the addictions are based on the original addiction to people called
>>co-dependency...control their food issues but transfer their addiction to
>>people.

>There is apparently no phenomenon of "symptom substitution", i.e. those
>who are cured from food bingeing don't develop a new addiction

Sheila:
I have to agree with Ellie having struggled to overcome binging,
overeating, anorexia, bulimia, and bulimarexia. I stopped the 'behaviors'
last year. At Christmas, I realized my codependency on an old and dear
friend. And it is true of other family members and it's in my mind and it's
still the early stages of detoxing from toxic relationships and emotions.
I also noticed that although the bulimic behaviors stopped, I did transfer
some of my 'addictive' or 'compulsive' behaviors to other substances which
I consider to be a lesser evil. Still self-medicating to a degree and now
coming out of it slowly with greater clarity, self-esteem, and
manifestation.

Kind Regards,
Sheila Shea
http://www.sheilas.com