RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 16:14:30 -0700
>>Tom:
>>If we assume that we are natural vegans/fruitarians, then we cannot explain
>>the survival of the Inuit, Lapps, Tibetans, who live where a vegan/fruitarian
>>diet is impossible.

NFL:
>It is very easy to explain, because barely surviving is just what anyone is
>doing when they are living far outside of their natural environment and
>diet.  These people won't be around for long.  They will become extinct, as
>have every other people who lived outside of their natural state of
>existence.

Tom:
As I understand it, the Inuits, prior to their consumption of processed
food, were very healthy indeed. The word "Eskimo" is a word from the
language of the tribes South of the Inuit - it translates as "long-lived
people" -  a reflection of their long life spans. Your description of them
as "barely surviving" is as accurate as the rest of your claims - total
nonsense.  (By the way, the Inuit have lived in the Arctic for thousands
of years - yet more evidence against your bogus claim of extinction).

Speaking of extinction, what clearly became extinct are the mythical fruit
eaters who ate only those foods they could collect nude, without tools - yet
another foolish myth. The reality is that there are no fruitarian (or vegan)
hunter-gatherers, or any historical record of a fruitarian/vegan society.
That says a lot more than your baseless assertions and claims about what
is "natural".

NFL:
>"Survive" is a far cry from "Thrive."  You could SURVIVE on a diet of fast
>food, medicine, and candy for who knows how long?  The vast majority of
>people in the united states DO eat like that and survive.  But, only barely
>surviving and becoming duller and duller in form from one generation to the
>next is the final result.

Tom:
See remark above re: Inuit living in Arctic for thousands of years.

NFL:
>Oh yeah...since when is it "bigoted" to speak the truth?

Tom:
The problem is that you almost never speak the truth, on any subject.
You and the truth are complete strangers. If you spoke the truth, you
would not need the hostility, plagiarism, and mental toxicity (my opinion)
so obvious in your "style".

NFL:
>If you can prove to us that sub-artic temperatures are ideal for humans,
>than we will be the first ones to concur with your accusation that we are
>bigots.  But until then, your continual championing of eskimos and other
>people living far outside of their natural habitat appears to be as flimsy
>as the steamed vegetables and pill supplements that you greedily gobble up.

Tom:
Are you implying that I am "inferior" because I use vitamin B-12, and eat
some steamed veggies? Let me inform you that I need the B-12 because of an
actual deficiency - a legacy of years on "perfect, 100% raw vegan diets".
Someday you may learn a similar lesson - probably the hard way, given your
attitude.

As for the steamed veggies, do you believe that eating them makes one
"inferior" in any way, to someone who is 100% raw vegan? If so, that belief is
no different, in essence, from thinking that a person's skin color makes one
"inferior" or "superior". Bigotry is bigotry - whether based on diet, race,
religion, or other criteria.

Tom Billings