RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:27:25 -0800
I certainly think any amount of mercury is bad -- a few years ago I had
all (2) my old amalgam fillings removed.  Afterwards a number of weird
symptoms (mainly unexplained fatigue) disappeared after a while.  I was
very careful and even juice fasted (fresh organic vegetable and fruit
juices) for a few days, and was looking for all sort of environmental
and dietary factors because I just felt like I was drugged half the
time.  At that time my fillings had just become 20 years old, and the
same dentist (who doesn't believe in mercury problems) replaced them
since they were old - with gold inlay after I explained my concerns.  He
wasn't particularly careful about removal of the old stuff, but I didn't
care because I figured my body would get rid of any toxic stuff by
itself after a while.  I'll try find the articles I have on it to pass
on if you like- I AM convinced of its toxicity.

> Are you convinced that mercury really poses a significant hazard? I had my
> fillings removed, and I guess will have the others removed too just to be on
> the safe side, but nothing I've read really seems to definitively show that
> there is any significant risk associated with mercury in amalgams.

BTW in TCM the herbal materia medica says seaweed in moderate amounts
(as food and soups from it) are supposed to assist in safe
detoxification of heavy toxins. But I know that (1) some people are
allergic to it and/or (2) too quick a detox process (body releasing
toxins more quickly than they can be transported out) means lots of
discomfort.

regards

Roberta