RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 19:37:52
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]> :
>I also read somewhere that the normal body temperature of
> advanced yogis is slightly below that of other people.

Roy Walford found some way out in the sticks of India who had an
average internal temperature of ~94-95°F.  They were undoubtably
severly caloric-restricted, & ate a lot of fruit.  Body temp. is
probably the single best way to determine how long your lifespan
will be.  The lower the longer.

>Hatha Yoga also shares with Tai Chi the belief that there is
> an internal life energy that is unnecessarily squandered by doing
>the postures (forms) in an unnecessarily strenuous way.

I think their thinking is way ahead of the silly Western notion
which has cropped up that exercise is good.  This idea of a internal
life force ties in nicely with the hygienists' notion of enervation,
except that the hygienists haven't yet figured out the same place as
the Orientals to draw the line between negative & beneficial levels
of exercise.

--Doug Schwartz