RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Denis PEYRAT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 1997 03:27:41 +0100 (GMT)
>Jean-Louis Tu wrote:

>> Here are a few ideas Burger
>> seems to have had for a long time, but became clearer since Nicole's
>> death (GCB's wife seemingly used to eat a lot of RAF).

Bruno
>That's the official version from Montramé. I knew Nicole well and think
>her death can be possibly related to other non-official causes.

Denis
Lo and Behold : the steam roller has waken up ! I think you guys are about
to learn something really interesting

>> 1) Meat contains a lot of proteins, which may cause auto-immune troubles.
>> Moreover, other mammals' proteins are too close from our own proteins,
>> and thus may not be recognized my the immune system.
>
>True, but may not be the deep & real cause of Nicole's cancer. And why
>was she eating so much meat when so many other high-quality fruits were
>there that she could eat if not for psychological compensation of other
>problems ?

A certain OSHAWA said the same thing fifty years ago. I don't know how
recent a discovery is the argument of the similitude of proteins... But
basically what the founder of macrobiotics said was that, as far as RAF is
concerned, we are necessarily more adapted to the oldest species than to the
newest ( he used it as an argument to exclude red meat from macro but to
accept fish as a source of protein ). This made much sense to me even before
I became an instincto.  Personally I eat mammal meat once or twice in the
year. An attitude which, I guess, gives me some affinity with the vegans
which were thrown out of the list earlier on...

>> 2) We may be more adapted to eating insects, rather than other mammals.
>> Indeed, insects are among the most ancient in the evolution, and primates
>> usually eat other mammals only very occasionally. Eggs are also a good
>> aliment, since the consumption of eggs by mammals appeared early in the
>> Evolution. So, maybe the instinct is not well adapted to a heavy consumption
>> of meat.
>
>True for the content. I heard that insect stuff somewhere already. But I
>doubt that this idea is from Burger. Easy recuperation... Never heard
>this in his mouth during 6 years I stayed in Montramé. Apparently he
>"invented" that story since I walked out. Dig in more and don't believe
>everything you're told. Be there when it happens if you want to have the
>real facts. I totally agree on the content of the idea, not on its
>origin...

I concur. Burger never showed the slightest interest in eating insects,
which could be then  found by the handful ( thanks to Bruno) when his wife
was still alive. If you'd asked him about eating insects before the death of
his wife, he would have certainly eshown some sign of impatience. But his
wife having passed the guy certainly thought hard to try and  find some good
reasons to explain her death to the external world (for the internal world,
it was not necessary to find arguments, since he had convinced everybody
that his wife was the embodiment of Satan , or close...). Bruno's departure
from Montramé certainly gave him excellent reasons to recuperate his ideas
(or rather the ideas Bruno had taken from somebody else...).

Cheers
Denis