RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Labedz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 12:36:49 -0400
Hi Roy!

When I was an ovo-lacto vegetarian (never had it tested as a meat eater), my
cholesterol was 240 although I was very slim and exercised a lot.  I became a
vegan and it dropped to 190,  when I became a 80-90% raw foodist, it dropped
to 180 which has been my consistent reading (no higher) for the last five
years with a couple of readings at around 150.  I don't think it wants to go
much below 180 naturally and I'm not willing to eat oat bran and charcoal and
all that to try to lower it more. I've decided not to worry about a 180
reading.  I think a whole foods, mostly raw diet would be of great help to
you.  Greatly heated and processed foods help to create  poor health which
may be reflected in one way by high cholesterol levels.  Bob Avery's message
re cooked fats and proteins contained great advice for us all.

Smiles,

Sandy