RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:34:11 +0200
Hi all,

there are lots of reports saying that bulimia is not only dange-
rous because one loses control of eating behaviour but also be-
cause one vomits the enzymes the stomach has secreted and loses
them this way while they would have been reabsorbed in the
digestion process if left to do so.
Generally I hear that enzymes are bio catalysators: the body puts
them into the digestion process (only one example for the use of
enzymes) and reabsorbs them later.

If you can reabsorb them, I can't see why it shouldn't be possible
to digest and absorb enzymes from fresh raw foods. There is no
difference between a, lets say pepsine molecule, made by the body
and one from papaya. I think the body must be able to absorb
enzymes from food. Then this would be a mechanism to replenish
your enzyme stores. And one might speculate if there are enzymes
that are essential (like the vitamins) because the body does not
manufacture them.

Deep thoughts (not from IBM ;-) ) are welcome.

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]