RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marjolein Hoekstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 21:23:38 +0200
Hi Paul,

Sorry for waiting so long to reply. I needed some time to think about
everything that's happened in the past few days.

> What has made you a convinced vegetarian? Ethical concerns or love on
> animals? (very understandable). Or the idea that a veggie diet is best for
> health? (very questionable, especially for anyone with a chronic yeast
> condition).

I made a major shift this week. I've decided to try the ER4YT diet for
a few
months and see how I'll be doing on it.
My blood type is O+ to my surprise. I expected to be a (basically
vegetarian) agrarian bloodtype A.
Anyway, the advice is to eat meat, fish and poultry in considerable
amounts.
If I'd follow the advice, I have a LONG way to go to adjust to eating
meat
again, let alone the thought of eating any of it raw. I gag on the
thought
of putitng my teeth in raw chicken, like I read earlier on this list.
I cautiously tasted a bit of fish today. It was smoked eco-trout. Very
salty. I only took a few tiny pieces, maybe 1/2 oz altogether. My
husband
swallowed the rest. I've never eaten fish, not even in my youth. I ate
meat
until I was 19 (I now am 37).
My motives for being a vegetarian are quite a few: the ethical one,
yes. But
also I remember driving through the US for example and seeing miles
and
miles of cows cropped up together. It seemed very unnatural to me. I'm
used
to being a veggie for so long. Just the thought of how much crops and
grains
are needed to make a cow create meat... So many mouths to feed in the
world.
And then there's the problem of what to do with the milk. When I'm
very
strict, I believe cow's milk is meant for baby cows. My heart breaks
if I
see them being taken away from their moms.
There's so much bad news around about eating meat, all kinds of
diseases
(kidney, heart) stemming from eating meat. I'd really have to
reprogram
myself to overcome all this. Crossroads that's for sure.

> Tofu is problematic for a few reasons I have read about -
> presence of enzyme
> inhibitors not totally removed by processing, a less than ideal amino-acid
> balance, and, when compared to high-quality animal foods they might
> substitute for, a lack of many beneficial coenzymes and other nutrients.
> Maybe as a woman the soy phytoestrogens might counterbalance some of the
> detriments if you need those effects.

I thought the concept of a 'less than ideal amino-acid balance' was a
thing
of the past. I'd be interested to read about the drawbacks of eating
tofu,
hadn't heard about them actually.

> avoiding anti-nutrients such as found in tofu and broccoli, helped reverse
> the problem, and I don't need the pills anymore.

Now that's new to me again. I've always heard broccoli is the ideal
vegetable. Is broccoli considered anti-nutrient because it's hard to
digest
in raw state? Where can I learn/read more about this?

> My hands and
> feet are nice
> and warm these days

I'm happy for you. Mine (especially feet) are ice cold and almost
impossible
to warm up. Difficult to get to sleep. My doctor has tested me using
EAV and
subscribed a homeopathic medicin based on sepia. I think I also need
more
physical exercise. (None at the moment). Of course the amalgam in my
mouth
is still poisoning me. By November 9th all fillings will be removed.
Then
the real detox can start. After a few months, I'd really like to have
another baby.

> Rotating 'non-edible-raw' foods like rice or beans or tofu, or dairy
>that you can

Why is tofu a non-edible-raw' food?

> Brown rice??? Some people feel white basmati rice is actually best and
> easiest to digest, and that brown rice is often rancid. Buckwheat
> is a good gluten-free 'alternative' grain, but it seems that all grains
> when overeaten tend to promote yeast overgrowth.

You're right again about the risk of overeating. I cut back on
carbohydrates
the last couple of days considerably. My flatulence has decimated
since
then. At the same time I also removed alfalfa based chlorophyll from
my food
supplement trays and I cut back the vitamin C considerably. Hard to
tell
which one caused the diarrhea which had been plaguing me since weeks.
At the
moment I'm not willing to try it out. From now on I am sprouting the
grains
in my diet, no more cooking. Only an occasional rice cracker.

Thanks for the extensive replies, Paul. You ARE helping me a lot.

Marjolein