RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 1997 12:18:39 +0200 (MET DST)
Peter:

> Bob, Good to have you aboard! I basically agree with what you say but
> since the mixing of the intercellular fluids is a natural process that
> happens when we eat our foods anyway, I doubt it is that bad. I think
> the issue is rather that when the integrity of the cell has been broken
> by crystallization, a loss of nutrients will occur.

On the contrary, a loss of nutrients is not a real problem (just eat
more), but even products of natural chemical reactions may be
harmful (putrefaction is natural). The mixing of intracellular fluids
is natural, but the food doesn't stay in our digestive system for a
long time, whereas some chemical reactions during cold storage may
reach a more advanced stage than during the natural process.

Anyway, from an instincto point of view, any denaturation of the
organoleptic qualities of a food should be avoided, since it may
mislead the instinct.

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis.