RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 20:15:17
>You surely propose an interesting idea, but don't you think
> it's alsopossible to "cook" the statistical books on gurus' bios, too?

Sure, & it seems clear to me that most (all?) of the people who are
so anxious to set themselves up as the Grand Poobah of whatever have
personality defects which almost guarantees they will fudge their
own stats.  All I'm saying is that anybody who wants to be a Poobah
& would refuse some sort of independent verification of what his
health level is would be very suspect to me.  By the way, although
the NH movement was not anxious to publicize this, I don't think
Shelton can be convicted of trying to cover up his own problems late
in life, & I believe he was basically honest about them when asked.
He said he was proof that the laws of health could not be violated
with impunity.

>If I recall properly, I once read a book by an active  hygienist named
>JackTropp (not the health writer from L.A., but another chap by the
>same name, who was once a fairly prominent Hollywood producer, later

I believe his full name is Jack Dunn Tropp, & maybe the ANHS in
Florida would be able to help track the book down.

>Wonder how many of us raw food freaks would be interested in
> the pin cushion routine.  Am sure glad I'm not a guru!

The problem is that the norms are based on averages so far away from
where rawsters are at that the results from blood/urine are hard to
interpret.

--Doug Schwartz