RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 11:44:41 -0500
There has been considerable discussion about vaccines these last few days. Here are my
opinions about the main arguments against vaccines:

1) Polio didn't disappear because of the vaccine. The incidence of the disease
had been decreasing before the discovery of the vaccine, and continued in
countries where people weren't vaccinated.

I agree, but this doesn't prove that the vaccine isn't effective. I remember
having seen charts where drops occur at the introduction of vaccines.

2) In some cases, the incidence of disease was higher among vaccinated than
among unvaccinated people.

OK. This proves that the vaccine isn't 100% efective, but no general conclusions
about the effectiveness can be made from one particular example. I think that
immunologists are not stupid. They know that the vaccines are not perfect, and
only enhance a few aspects of immunity. But vaccines are certainly tested on
laboratory animals numerous times.

3) Vaccines contain poisons such as formaldehyde.

The question would be to know if the quantity of that "poison" is high enough to
cause some problems. Certainly it does on some people, but not all.

4) Live vaccines can be dangerous.

Yes, some accidents happen. When the incidence of infections is low, it's
probably not worth having a vaccination.

5) Vaccines cause allergies in children.

Perhaps a few children become allergic because of vaccines, but allergies have
many other reasons, like: cow's milk, grains, chemicals, pollution...

I agree that it is best to improve nutrition, instead of feeding your children
with Coke and vaccinating them. The risk of having an infectious disease is low
enough to accept the risk, but
 -I believe that vaccines are, up to a certain point, efficient
 -I don't believe that eating 100% raw will prevent all diseases.