RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 09:22:20 +0000
Hi Sandy!

> I wish you and Melisa the best of fortune in your quest to become parents!

Me too!

> I'm glad you didn't trash your last post.  I enjoy participating in a group
> like this, also like the M2M where anything goes and can be discussed.  If
> one doesn't like the topic, one can simply ignore it until it goes away!

I agree 100%.

> I am interested in reading Weston Price's book,  do you know if it is
> difficult to obtain?

Weston Price's marvelous Nutrition and Physical Degeneration is
available from:

Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation      (Phone:  619-574-7763)
Box 2614
LaMesa CA 91943-2614

As you may recall, Dr. Stanley Bass frequently cites Price's book as
confirmation of his and Dr. Christopher Gian-Cursio's own studies,
both with patients and with his mice experiments--these studies
conclude that humans must consume some form of animal protein for
optimal health. Interestingly, according to one of my subscribers,
the China Study also notes no cancer in people who eat less than
something like 5% flesh, but that cancers start once you consume more
than about 7%. This seems to be in line with Ward's research and also
makes sense to me intuitively. Anyway, do order the book because it
presents very convincing evidence.

> I think the advice to Susie from others to eat seaweed instead of
> the collodial minerals could have some merit, certainly seaweed
> is a more natural source.  But fasting when pregnant sounds
> dangerous to me.

I agree about the no fasting for pregnant women. I don't know if I
agree or not about the colloidal minerals. Since I'm having such
fabulous results with BarleyGreen in my own diet, I'm about ready to
take another plunge and experiment with the T.J. Clark colloidal
minerals. I see good articles for trying them; I see good articles
for not trying them. So I think I'll try 'em and see what I think.

Chet Day
 http://members.GNN.COM/chetday/open.htm