RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 May 1998 23:31:54 -0500
Jo:
>Recent browsing for literature led me to Nature's First Law's website. One
>profile in their Premier Raw Foodist link was disconcerting:
>http://www.io-online.com/~nature/pinefred.html

Jo, thanks for introducing us to this comical pearl. :-)

>Tom (Billings), I now fully acknowledge this rabid fanaticism that plagues
>the raw food / fruitarian camp. It's truly unfortunate. Enthusiasm is one
>thing, but baiting and vicious senseless humour provide little draw for
>those who are sincere about exploring options. This was a larger hammer
>than I could take on the noggin'. Mr. Patenaude does not represent my
>journey of health science.

Jo, have you been eating cooked foods again?  Only that could account for
your lack of appreciation of Fred's illuminating, social commentary.  ;-)

>Where is the compassion for our fellow brothers and sisters here? Rational
science?

This is not about compassion or science but an all out war against the
evil, cooked forces that are destroying our planet.  And it is time for you
to decide whose side you are on - the cooked scum or the valiant raw!!! :-)

>Detaching myself from all this,

If you take a word of it seriously that is one of the few sane things you
can do.  At this point I am able to keep my composure when confronted with
such ugly bigotry by taking it all with a smile.  I am all out of outrage.
:-)  Thanks for sharing!

Here are some of the highlights from Fred's bio on the NFL website.

Fred:
>Raw eaters! My name is Fred! Or Raw Demolition!

Ah, such a peace-loving name. :-)

>I've been in California since november 1997, and I'm currently working
> for Nature's First Law in San Diego. The raw food diet has been a major
>discovery in my life, and has led me to change in many aspects, leaving
>my country to come to California. Going raw is the special weapon that is
>unleashing my true potential! When I found out about the
>relation between our diet and today's problems (ill-health,
>pollution, crime, Tom Billings, etc), many years ago, I decided
>to become a vegetarian.

And what true wit.  Tom, you must have made quite an impression on this
raw, battle-hungry warrior. ;-)

>Here's an insight for you: The other day I was at a shopping
>center. I was looking at the city, all the cars, the filthy garbage,
>the sad people, all those human constructions, all that crap,
>and I suddenly realized that all that, all the city and
>everything, was the direct concequence of an unknowing
>human putting a piece of dead animal over a fire millions of
>years ago.

I am not so sure of this.  I think the main reason for all the calamities
of the world today is the introduction of drinking water into man's diet.
Water diluted his blood stream causing his brain to be undernourished with
moral decay and social mayhem to follow. ;-)

>I'm not getting fanatical here,

God forbid. ;-)

>raw-foodism is an awesome secret! I'm totally convinced that you cannot
acheive your >true potential unless you stop eating bread.

Sunday morning raw freedom fighters we will be forming a raw picket line in
front of the Pioneer Bakery here in Los Angeles.  It is time that the
cooked, baked scourge is wiped off the face of the planet for good. :-)

>When you become a raw-foodist, you can begin to laugh at the
>cooked-food world. People actually get sick!

After our raw potlucks we sometimes go and visit hospital cancer wards to
give ourselves a healthy laugh. :-)

>We just received shocking information from a private research
>institute in England. Dr. James Phillips, of Birmingham, is an
>expert in human behaviorism. He says that billions of ordinary
>citizens are, in fact, cooked food eaters (worshippers).

This man should be nominated for the Nobel Prize in psychology for his
insightful observations. ;-)

>And they represent a danger to every man, woman and child. "I'm
>quite certain that it's at least 99% of the population, maybe
>more," said Dr. Phillips. "We're talking about men and women
>from all walks of life - cooked food addicts everywhere."

I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of dedicated research that
brought such ground-breaking truths into the light. :-)

>Phillips astounding estimate indicates that as many as 250
>million americans are worshipping cooked food, and that
>means that most of us come into contact with cooked food
>addicts everyday without knowing it.

I am speechless. :-)

>The good news is that there are ways to identify cooked food eaters, so
>you can avoid them and protect your family.

This could give a sense of false security.  I suggest that cooked food
eaters in the future at all times wear a "cooked" badge so that good,
honest, raw-eating citizens can take the appropriate precautionary measures
to protect themselves. ;-)

>10 EASY WAYS TO TELL IF YOUR NEIGHBOR IS A COOKED FOOD EATER
>1- Stinky and nauseous smells surround the house at any hour
>of the day.
>2- The garbage tank is always full of non-recyclable material
>(one of the surest signs of cooked food addiction).
>3- They don't have any fruit trees, and/or fruit peels on their
>property.
>4- They worship strange things, such as a dead animal carcass.
>5- They never walk barefoot.
>6- They tend to dress warmly, even in hot weather, as if they
>constantly feel chilled.
>7- They are afraid of the sun, and try to protect from it, as if it
>was harmful.
>8- They organize evil meetings in their backyard, where the
>main purpose is to cook dead animals over a thing called
>"charcoal."
>9- Sometimes they never go out of their house for many days,
>because of something called a "flu."
>10- They rarely laugh, or laugh under the wrong
>circumstances, for exemple when a child is hit by a car.
>(Severe case of cooked food addiction).

Surely, such biting, social satire will take raw humor to new heights. ;-)
I have copied all ten points as I think they are all important -
especially, the last one which has become a growing problem in my cooked
neighborhood. :-)

Best, Peter