RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 May 1998 15:35:42 -0600
Jeff Ross said:

>I've been a raw-foodist for more than 28 years, ... I just came back from
>a long trip in south east asia.

Jo sez:
Would you care to share some highlights of your trip privately? As a long
term raw foodist, I'm sure you'd have a unique viewpoint on travel in that
area of the world (my favorite).

>I thought that would be a great idea to join a raw-list, I guess I was
>wrong. You guys are just a bunch of filthy, disgusting cooked food
>addicts.

We all do our best to refine our diet and lifestyles given the resources at
hand AND the current state of our body-mind relationships. Some are all
raw, some not, some not even close and yet there's room for rational
discussion and support for all. Humour is subjective, I agree. Naw, we're
all cool, Jeff. You too.

>Putting down the only book worth reading, NFL, and trying to
>destroy the youth's attempt to restore this world to its magesty, all
>the problems being caused by YOUR bread.

Would you care to share the titles of other health-related literature you
have consumed recently? I'm sure others on the list would be able to offer
recommendations that may be equally or more pertinent than "Nature's First
Law". I've never seen a copy of NFL but I have read "Raw Eating" several
years ago so that'll suffice for now, methinks. I'm in the midst of
exploring non-mainstream Hygienic material but if I run across a copy of
NFL, I'll let you know what I think.

>I think that kid perfectly understood the basic cause of problems
>afflicting humanity, and you guys are just trying to put him down by
>your stupid humor.

Mr. Patenaude expresses a simplistic attitude in blaming the evils of the
world on everything associated with fired diets. The ugly symptoms
afflicting mankind are attributed to cooked food. I've alluded to the
non-issue of diet as a reliable gauge for aggressive, self-righteous
behavior in an earlier post (please search the archives for "raw hypocrite
minister"). Could it be that cooked food is itself a symptom of causes
(rather than THE cause) that go deeper than what three writers could have
extolled in one published work?

Clarity in problem-solving is ALWAYS welcome and yet alienating those who
supposedly need help is NOT anywhere near a feasible solution based on
compassion and understanding. These last two elements are required,
individually, through self-education and self-realization. We can get it
on, collectively, when each of us evolves beyond the fuck-all-of-ya mindset
that unfortunately isolates some raw foodists / fruitarians (or die-hard
Macintosh fanatics like Your Humble Narrator; I'd rather have an abacus
than to boot up a Windoze machine).

>You better hide well Peter, cause I promise your ass's gonna be kicked
>bad when I see you, scum.

Ouch. Better make sure Peter isn't a Jeet Kune Do instructor or a former
Green Beret. Actually I suspect he'll be transparent to your current
energies and continue enjoying his life.

Jeff, let's laugh it up a bit and cruise the Asian supermarkets for a few
young coconuts, shall we?

Have a nice weekend and I'd appreciate hearing more about your trip to SE
Asia.

Jo Yoshida,
(non bread-eater)