RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:41:39 -1000
>Kirt
>> Aged meat is not rotted as ripe fruit is not rotted. You seem to be quite
>> an expert on RAF and heaven but also seem to have little experience in
>> either.

Wes:
>I have no desire to become an "expert" (an ex-pert) on rotted animal
>flesh (RAF)... ;)

Then kindly be quiet on the subject, eh? You make proclamations about the
subject like you know what you're talking about. And then back off
immaturely as above. You _can_ have it both ways I guess, but don't expect
folks not to call you on it.

>Since our thoughts direct our actions, I doubt any sane individual would
>put themselves in front of "a semi doing 65 mph".

What exactly do you think a thought is? Some metaphysical thing?

>I take it you don't understand this subject too well. There are some
>good books on this subject. Deepak Chopra's "Ageless Body, Timeless
>Mind: The Quantum Alternative to Growing Old" would be a good start.

No I don't understand this subject too well. (I've always had a problem
with the puzzler, "What's the difference between a shoe?" as well.) But
checking out the latest new age mass marketer isn't gonna inspire me to
anything, except maybe a acidic debunking.

>When you think you perform biochemistry. For example, tears of joy have
>a different chemical composition from tears of sadness.

So you do consider there is a physical basis to thought. (Though what tear
composition has to do with the subject baffles me.)

>Our thoughts are powerful and influence every aspect of our lives,
>including the health of our physical body.

You'll get no argument from me there. Your thoughts are influencing you all
over the place ;) But that is a far cry from "Consciousness is superior to
matter."--your original proclamation.

>> Bottom line: it's crazy to _believe_
>
>We ALL have MANY beliefs. Just the fact you "believe" that you are in
>front of a computer screen reading these words, that you BELIEVE were
>written by me, whom you BELIEVE to be a male who you BELIEVE to eat raw
>foods, etc.. These are all beliefs. We all have many beliefs. So are we
>ALL CRAZY?

To the degree that we are ignorant that what we believe is not reality, yes.

To the degree that we realize that reality can not be belief, no.

>Is it crazy for you to BELIEVE that raw food is healthier than bread?

Again, you go way overboard. Who is arguing for the utility of bread?
Nevertheless, I can imagine many situations where bread may be a more
useful food than a particular raw food.

>And what about your BELIEF that raw fish (or whatever) is good or
>necessary for you to eat?

What about it? Like your experience with raw starches, I have found RAF
very beneficial to my health. Further, I have experimented further and
found cooked animal foods useful as well. Certainly this experience leads
to my belief. But I know that such belief is incomplete and must remain
simply a belief, not reality. Such that I can accept new information and
incorporate it into my experience (some instinctos recent mercury troubles,
or the utility of eating cooked fishbones, or whatever). When you elevate a
belief to the height of a precondition (which is what you seem to have done
with your Raw Truth) you will loss sight of what's going on and become
"crazy" about your precondition, to a greater or lessor degree.

>I have arrived at this bottom line (no need for cooked food for me)
>after a LOT of careful thought. I didn't just assume it and say "COOKED
>FOOD IS POISON". I came to this conclusion after much thought,
>experimentation, and study. Ultimately my own body made the decision for
>me. Cooked food lost all appeal to me in many ways. Is that hard for you
>to BELIEVE?

Not at all, Wes. I could've written those words way back when myself. The
trouble comes when you declare that what you believe is Right for more than
yourself. And you have done that plenty with your stabs at animal foods and
those who eat them, and especially your earlier posts proclaiming that any
diet deficient in raw starch is not going to work. It may seem like a picky
oony thing to you but you lose lots of us when you generalize your
experience to the heights of dogma that must be true for humanity. Perhaps
whatever you have found useful for you is good enough news for the rest of
the world, eh?

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft