RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:45:44 -0800
aloha!

	tuesday morning bodhi plead "nolo contendere" [no contest] to
charges of willful disobedience on mount madonna (feb. 4, 1997).  after
signing away many rights with a few quickly scribbled initials, the judge
delivered (his version of) justice:

    2 years informal probation, 30 hours community service, & $100 fine.

	the interminable tension of waiting with all the characters of
the court scene for over 2 hours had me glad to receive punishment and
skeedaddle!  paperwork in pocket and i headed down the road...

	...with my good friend, to his mom's in san francisco.  a sleepy
evening, a meditative morning.  beautiful sunrise pouring gold across the
crowded hills.  fresh juiced carrot/ginger.  lots of ginger.  hot!

	driving to "'raw' living foods restaurant" along lincoln avenue.
duck into the lush green park.  abandon vehicle and bound across damp
grass past the frisbee throwers.  fast food trash here & there.

	crossing lincoln from park, we walk up ninth avenue.  all we can
see of the restaurant: part of the round sign which reads "living foods."
immediately upon leaving the park i smell the air quality drop.  i try to
slow my breathing as i lead my bud to the entrance arch of 'raw'.

	punchline:  my pal takes one look at the prices on the raw menu
and buys a veggie burrito across the street.  cooked burrito, of course.

	sideline:  last saturday i ate raw cottage cheese mixed with
(barlean's) flax oil.  dr. johanna budwig would approve (seven-time nobel
prize nominee who fights cancer & more through nutrition in germany).
delicious!

	nightline:  tonight, i biked on over to my local _herb_room_
where they had "maximize immunity" by bruno comby waiting for me on
special order.  upon returning home and connecting to this here 'net, i
found an email from none other than the founder of ibc himself!  (ibc =
institut bruno comby)  my first private communication to him the day
after he first posted to raw-food, now had an answer!  i'll pass on a few
salient points in his communication when appropriate.

	full title: "how you can maximize immunity and unleash your
body's best defense against illness by bruno comby"

	i wish i'd had this book at its first english printing july 1994.
i'd rather have given this to my aids-educating girlfriends ("aids, inc."
"you don't have to die" & "the great aids hoax" have passed through my
hands).  i'll soon pass on a delectable morsel concerning pandora's box.

judged,
       bodhi

"what time is it?" said the judge, to joey when they met
"five to ten" said joey, judge says, "that's exactly what you get."
			__joey__ by bob dylan

and that the ladder of law has no top and no bottom
			__lonesome_death_of_hattie_carroll__ by bob dylan

to see a man so obviously framed/ couldn't help but make me feel ashamed/
to live in a land/ where justice is a game
			__hurricane__ by bob dylan