RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dr Bernarr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 15:39:50 EST
Gary Orlando wrote to Dr. Bernarr "I was wondering if you eat nut butters,
and if this is one way that you maintain your high weight?"
I occasionally eat raw nut butters. But I eat many other fresh raw,
unprocessed vegan foods, also. Anaerobic exercise is the secret to gain all
the healthy, muscular weight that you want to gain.
To gain weight, do as little aerobic exercises as you can. Aerobic exercises
(with oxygen), do not put on muscle and therefore prevent you from gaining
weight. Aerobic exercise helps you gain endurance, not muscular development.
Aerobic exercises are light exercises such as: long distance cycling, long
distance rowing, long distance running, long distance swimming, ballroom
dancing, tap dancing, walking, jogging, cross-country skiing, calisthenics,
etc.
To gain weight and develop muscles, do anaerobic exercises (not using oxygen,
without oxygen).
Anaerobic exercises are sprinting, running up stairs rapidly, jumping high,
long and
vertically with intensity, rapid cycling, rapid rowing, rapid swimming,
weight throwing,
weight lifting with low repetitions, hand balancing, gymnastics, chins,
parallel bar dips, roman rings, rope climbing, tubing, bands, pulleys,
wrestling and martial arts.
Anaerobic exercises are intense exercises that can be tolerated for only a
few moments.
They are short bursts of all out activities. They are activities using muscle
groups at high intensities that exceed the body's capacity to use oxygen to
supply energy. They create an oxygen debt by using energy produced without
oxygen. They are activities in which oxygen demands of muscles are so high
that they rely upon an internal metabolic process for oxygen.
Anaerobic exercises are: Isotonic, isokinetic, isometric and negative or
eccentric exercises.
Isotonic exercise involves movement of a constant heavy weight through a full
range of possible movement. It is muscular action in which there is a change
in length of muscle, keeping tension constant. Lifting free weights is a
classic isotonic exercise.
Isokinetic exercise is exercise in which there is ACCOMMODATION RESISTANCE
and constant speed. Nautilus is a type of isokinetic machine where the
machine varies the amount of resistance being lifted, to match the force
curve developed by the muscle.
Isokinetics is an exercise in which the maximum force of which the muscle is
capable may be applied throughout the range of motion.
Isometric exercise is static contraction. It is the application of a high
percentage of your existing strength against an unmoving resistance, a fixed
limit. Isometrics entails your pushing against an immovable force, such as
another set of opposing muscles, a wall, building, door, bar, taut rope,
towel, two-ton truck, etc. If you push hard enough, you feel stress on your
muscles. A world famous isometric program is Charles Atlas "Dynamic Tension
Course". In isometrics, each exercise should be practiced at several joint
angles.
Training at many angles distributes the strength gains throughout the range
of the
muscle's movement. In isometrics, each hard-as-you-can push or pull should be
held as long as possible, to the point of muscular failure. Isometric
exercises can be done
practically anywhere. They are simple and effective. Isometrics increase the
strength and improve the muscle's tone and shape. Isometric exercise entails
muscular contraction where the muscle maintains a constant length and joints
do not move.
In negative or "eccentric" exercise, you lower the weight very slowly, at a
smooth steady pace, without interrupting the downward movement. In positive
or "concentric" exercise, you raise the weight at normal speed. In negative
exercise, your muscle is stretching and lengthening while maintaining tension
against resistance. In positive exercise, the muscle is contracting and
shortening against resistance. In negative exercise, you resist pressure and
in positive exercise, you apply pressure. The muscle has the ability to
handle more force during negative exercise than it can during positive
exercise.
For example, when performing a bench press, the positive of the repetition,
is that portion during which the weight is being pressed from the chest to
arms length. The negative portion of the repetition, is that during which the
weight is lowered back down to the chest. In negative chins, you climb into
the top position using your legs, so that you simply lower yourself back
down. Negative parallel bar dips can be done in the same way.
To successfully gain all the healthy, muscular weight that want to gain, you
should  eat fresh, raw, unprocessed foods, with all of the essential minerals
and essential nutrients, that are palatable and that agree with you, expose
yourself to pure air, drink good water, do as much progressive, anaerobic
resistance exercise that you can, do regular air bathing and sunbathing, get
adequate sleep, do feeling meditation, water fast (physiological rest)
whenever you are symptomatic and not genuinely hungry, i.e., salivating for
food. You should never do anything that does not improve the patient's
physicality, mentality and spirituality. You should never do anything
self-destructive, from which you must recover. You should pursue conservation
of sexual energy and pursue appropriate observation of all the other needs of
life.
To gain all the healthy, muscular weight you want to gain, exercise chronic
disease (more than several days duration), but completely rest and never
exercise acute disease (less than several days duration). Do exercises that
are progressively stressful or resistant. When exercising, muscles should be
contracted to their fullest extent and joints should be carried through their
full range of motion. A short period of intense, vigorous exercise is better
than a long period of mild exercise. Do exercises that are comfortable and
safe, that we enjoy, that suit our lifestyles, at a convenient facility or
program, at a convenient time of day or night, as frequently as possible, as
regularly as possible and that we will follow throughout our lives.
I anaerobically weightlift daily, 365 days per year, for 2 hours, single
repetitions, with heavy weights. I exercise each major part of my body. I do
the same exercises daily. I use free weights. I exercise at home. I daily do
squats, dead lifts, standing presses, exercise my pectorals, latissimus
dorsi, abdominals, external and internal obliques, triceps, biceps, forearms,
wrists, fingers, neck, trapezius, upper and lower legs, etc. I daily sprint
on the Santa Monica, California, USA streets, on vertical ground, sprint up
staircases, vertically jump and long jump, for 1 1/2  hours. I feelingly
meditate daily. I daily take nude sun and air baths. I am a 100% vegan
rawfoodist.
                        HOW I CAN HELP YOU GAIN HEALTHY WEIGHT
I have helped many people all over the world via the Internet, teaching them
how to properly exercise and gain all the healthy weight they want to gain.
If you want to learn how to properly exercise and/or if you want me to help
you build an exercise program for yourself, contact me NOW. I will help
devise for you, a personalized exercise program to help you achieve whatever
goals to which you aspire, via the Internet.
Dr. Bernarr, D.C., D.D. God Healing, Inc. Natural Hygiene Society, Inc.
P.O. Box 1523 Santa Monica California 90406 USA
Telephone: 310-396-2914; 310-452-0458
Web Site: http://www.healself.org              E-mail: [log in to unmask]
P.S...CONTACT ME & I WILL PERSONALLY TEACH YOU HOW TO SELF-HEAL

I will teach you how to have this oneness with your inherent intelligence,
your God within, how to properly water fast, how to eat properly, how to
exercise properly, how to concentrate, feel and meditate properly on the
cause of your health problems and your health symptoms, how to properly hand
touch yourself and other living beings, humans, animals and plants, so as to
help heal yourself and help heal other human beings, animals and plants, how
to airbathe and sunbathe properly, how to properly do things with your
physical lifestyle, mentality and spirituality and how to help break your bad
habits, so as to successfully heal yourself of any kind of health problem,
immediately, completely and permanently.