RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Catherine L. Cox" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 09:44:36 -0400
Cathy:
>>Therefore, I have partaken of my share of the SAD, but have naturally
>>stayed away from a diet that consisted of regular a regular consumption
>>of meat. This is just naturally me, going along with what my body tells
>>me it wants.

>What do you think - if some time your body tells you to eat meat, would
>you be able to do it? Perhaps even raw?

Stefan,

I didn't mean to say that I don't ever eat meat, I do just very rarely.

Eating meat raw is a brand new concept to me that I have learned about since
joining this list. I have eaten raw oysters in the past but stopped due to
concerns about contamination.  Currently, when I crave meat for more than a
couple of days I eat it by itself.  I naturally prefer it (prime rib, or a
steak) rare.

Intellectually, I would have to consider where the meat came from.  Because
of where and how animals are commonly raised, I just don't see how I could
possibly eat it.  Veal and lamb is objectionable to me because of the
methods used to raise them.  The mature animals are pumped so full of
antibiotics, growth hormones and eat insecticides in their grain that I
don't want anything to do with them.  I am sure that these are all issues
that all of you are familiar with.

Those are my off-the-cuff thoughts on eating raw meat.  Hope all of you have
a terrific day.

Cathy Cox