RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Dr. Jai Maharaj" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 14:48:39 -1000
> . . . I am intrigued by the theory presented in "4
> Blood Types 4  Diets." My blood type is . . . - Kelli.

An eye-opener for such theories is at:

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/spotquack.html

Excerpts:

"Twenty-Five Ways to Spot Quacks and Vitamin Pushers

By
Stephen Barrett, M.D.
Victor Herbert, M.D., J.D.

   "22. They Offer to Determine Your Body's
Nutritional State with a Laboratory Test or a Questionnaire.
   "Various health-food industry members and unscientific practitioners
utilize tests that they claim can determine your body's nutritional state
and -- of course -- what products you should buy from them. One favorite
method is hair analysis. For $25 to $50 plus a lock of your hair, you can
get an elaborate computer printout of vitamins and minerals you supposedly
need. Hair analysis has limited value (mainly in forensic medicine) in the
diagnosis of heavy metal poisoning, but it is worthless as a screening
device to detect nutritional problems. If a hair analysis laboratory
recommends supplements, you can be sure that its computers are programmed
to recommend them to everyone. Other tests used to hawk supplements include
amino acid analysis of urine, muscle-testing (applied kinesiology),
iridology, blood typing, "nutrient-deficiency" questionnaires, and
'electrodiagnostic' gadgets. . . ."

Jai Maharaj
http://www.flex.com/~jai
Om Shanti