RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 22:25:04 -0500
Dave:
>I have been going to Aajanous's talks since last Feb and my
>understanding is that he has his stomach but that the surgeon cut his
>vagus nerve and that this is the cause of his no hydrochloric acid.

The problem with this is that we only have his word for it.  Without HCL I
do not see how he can digest the amounts of meat that he eats.

>Since first hearing him and reading his book, I have been eating five
>to six pounds of raw meat and fish a week.  I have also been eating
>the same amount of raw milk cheese.  I am feeling better than I have
>felt in a long time.

Since you also felt good on your previous high fruit diet, I am not sure
that your well-being is that reliable an indicator. Having said that I
regard any change in your diet towards less fruit and more protein as
positive.

>My body has been putting on muscle with no change in physical activity.
>(My normal activity includes 10 miles of hiking most weeks and some
>massage sessions).

If you had lost fat and gained muscle one would expect your physical volume
to have decreased, and this has in my estimation not taking place. Whether
your present type and level of activity is enough for you to put on muscle
I do not know but I am very skeptical of Aajonus' claim that it is possible
to become a chiseled, muscular hunk like himself without some serious
strength training. If I observe Aajonus sneaking off to work out at the
local gym, I will report it to the list. ;-)

>I have serious jaw infections and was told to have all of my teeth pulled.
 >Since I have been on this diet, the pain has almost vanished.  It seems
>as though my body is finally healing.

Knowing the serious state part of your jawbone is in, I consider this the
most promising part of your testimony but until we observe on x-rays that
the bone has actually healed, any conclusion is speculative.

Thanks for the encouraging testimonial.  Maybe you could give us an update
some months down the line and let us know how you are doing.

Best, Peter