RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 1996 23:20:49 -0800
>Give up your car and computer;

Zephyr, Since I am a vegan this that this will be my last posting and
since only carnivores like you can take their car to the farmers market
I will be getting a lot of life-shortening exercise in the future. It
sure takes the incentive out of being vegan ;-)

>or give up the ethical vegan rap.  Is eating and killing to be shunned
>and avoided or embraced with open heart, grief, celebration, awe, and
>nourishment?

I am working on it, but I tell you after all these luring words it
better taste good when I finally do take take the plunge, and I better
not feel not even the slightest twinge of guilt or I will be knocking
at your door with a vegan subpoena and drag your ass to court and sue
you for what you have got. The damages you might ask? Pain, bad karma &
defamation with 25 years of good standing in the vegetarian community
down the drain by just one bite. ;-) -- I joke but these issues are
really close to home.

Zephyr, As the only instinctive eater I know with a clear enviromental
agenda & ecological consciousness (no, Bruno Comby's plans for mass
scale nuclear power do not count:-))I have been meaning to ask you for
a while, if you have done any calculations of whether an instincto
lifestyle is feasible on a world scale with the present population of
the planet.  1)I assume this would increase the overall consumption of
animal foods which would have a negative effect on the enviroment? 2)
How would it be possible to supply high quality animal foods to so many
people? --  My question is really: Is a sustainable instincto lifestyle
plausible on a large scale without ravaging the last resources of the
planet, or is an instincto lifestyle only for the elite populations
like the nobles in the Middle Ages?  Hunters & gathers used 10 times
the amount of land to support the same amount of people as the first
farmers did. There is not enough land for everybody to go back to the
land Pangai style, and it seems to me that mass breeding of insects
might be the only sustainable solution for an instinctive vision of the
future. If we are on agreement on this, I expect you as an instincto
pioneer will soon make some serious inroads into this area, and I look
forward to some lively reports from the invertebrate frontlines.
Instinctoes always think I am joking when I say this - little do they
know how serious I am :-/ Besides, it is not fair to leave all this
work alone to Bruno Comby (the instincto author who has been breeding
insects in cages for a few years now and whose wild plans for mass
proliferation of nuclear power might have us all eating (fried)insects
sooner than we expect.:-/) Of course, I realize that if I ever join
your ranks I will be literally eating my words one day :-/
As a footnote bear in mind that the muscles are not that nutritious,
and that the organs and bonemarrow is where man until recently got most
of his nutrients from animal foods, and that these parts might be one
of the missing links in the diet of many instinctos.
The only issue on which the vegan/vegetarian movement still stands
strong is on the issue of creating a sustainable future for the planet
and I would like to see this position challenged. I know, of course,
that if I continue this line of thinking I might soon receive a nightly
visit from the RVLF (Raw Vegan Liberation Front)in which case all these
speculations & misconconceptions of mine will quickly be put to  rest.
:-/ If not, maybe re-reading this post will do the trick.  :-)

Best, Peter