RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 1997 23:38:30 -0900
Ellie to Dariusz:
>I identify with your love of corn, and have just realized I may love it
>too much because it is somewhat addicting. According to Shiela's recent
>newsletter about the gut, corn is genetically altered and indegestible. I
>just read Neanderthin, which also tells me corn is not a natural food.
>Sadly, I have given it up.

FWIW, Melisa and I sure have eaten lots of sweet corn (though Dariusz puts
us to shame ;)), but in southern CA even the white corn lost its appeal
after having our fill of it--kinda like what happened with dates or honey
earlier on: once a large amount was consumed the attraction fell away and
it was only occasionally interesting anymore. I have  found sweet corn
unpleasantly sweet for nearly a year now, and Melisa could care less about
it for several months (since pregnancy now that I think of it). Who knows
if that might happen with other folks...but I agree that the new varieties
of sweet corn might well end up joining wheat on the instincto short-list
of no-longer-"original" raw foods.

BTW, Ellie, what is your acid-test for whether a food is addicting?

Cheers,
Kirt