RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Jöst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 15:04:58 +0200
Maynard wrote:
>In other words, shifting towards RAW foods veganism
>might be a really healthful path for people who want
>to clean themselves out.

Yes. Maybe I would stress "clean out" here since cleaning is
something I do within a limited amount of time. So raw veganism
works for a certain time. Beyound that I think it fails.
The diet is deficient on a long term basis.

>However, I wonder why we don't see raw foods associated
>with any spiritual paths, other than with Christianity,
>as in the Hallelujah Diet (and some Catholic priests privately).
>www.HAcres.com

That's an interesting question. Maybe food is for your body and most
raw fooders only think of becoming healthy? But considering the
consequences of bad foods for a human mind I can't agree with that.
Food is always nourishment for the mind also.

On the other hand I think that good health provided by raw nutrition
makes you free to walk any spiritual way. You just have to choose.
For me it's meditation.

Also I find myself to see raw foods not as the aim I wanted to reach
any longer. I couldn't imagine this some years ago but now it looks
like going raw is just an intermediate step for me to free myself
from the need to nourish my body with physical things.

My need for fruits and vegetables has decreased so much that for
the first time I've ordered only coconuts (for drinking) and mara-
cujas (similar to passion fruit) from Orkos for my noon meal.
My evening meal is still heavy and includes avocados, nuts, and RAF.
The noon meal looks as if it becomes obsolete soon. The last week
I found myself thinking about whether I should eat at noon or not.
That sort of thoughts I never had in all of the years of eating raw.

So I guess I'll switch to liquids for the noon meal, then wait until
the needs have decreased for the evening meal too and finally throw
the whole eating thing overboard.
There's lots of energy in this universe to live from - no need to
take that energy from physical foods.

And to come back to the topic, I hope that this offers some new ways
of spiritual development to me or at least makes it easier to follow
my current path. What it will definitely provide is lots and lots
of time - people who don't eat, need only 2..4 hours of sleep.

Best instinctive regards,

Stefan