RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Brassil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 23:39:46 +0100
 Hello David. Different types of foods leave different residues in the body
as a by product of their metabolism. Protein leaves an acid ash and fruits
and vegetables an alkaline ash. This is not my personal idea but it is
widely known in the alternative field.
I am aware that people react differently to all types of foods and this can
be dependant on their body type. Some people can do perfectly well on a high
protein diet as you do but others feel tense and stressed eating such a
diet.
Carol mentioned that she felt a bit spacey on a raw vegan diet. This could
be due to the fact that meat contains lots of zinc which is a very grounding
mineral. The inclusion of protein in the diet also helps maintain a more
healthy blood sugar level which would alleviate any hunger. I find that if I
only eat grains on their own I get hungry quickly but if I include a little
protein that doesn't happen. It is all a matter of balance.
Regards,
Martha