RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ward... James Ward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 09:00:22 -0700
 Hi James!
>  I used to love honey and thanks for the tip but I'd be concerned with the
> blood sugar/insulin response to such a sweet substance.  Also, being 99%
> vegan the last seven years, I've avoided honey as it's an animal food, have
> been told taking honey harms the bees, does it?

Harms the bees?  I don't know about commercial practice, but my neighbors
had a couple of hives and aside from the disturbance caused by taking the
honey out, I didn't notice any harm to the bees.  I probably would have as
I originally chose vegetarianism at age 12 due to my animal rights thinking.
--
[log in to unmask]                        Forging my sanity
http://mcmuse.mc.maricopa.edu/~jew/                   through polyamory.