RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 12:11:28 -0500
Karl:

>The best digestion is
>often reached with mono meals, although these can lead to
>detoxification symptoms, hunger, for example.

Well, I know good reasons why monomeals lead to hunger: you usually eat less
calories in a monomeal than in a mixed meal. If the meal consists of fruit, it
is quickly digested and you have an hypoglycemia 2 hours later.

>During the first years of raw eating most people can stand more
>miscombinations. I suppose that that has to do with the tolerance
>that they still have from their cooked past.
>Over the time the body becomes more sensitive.
>So most of the time miscombinations cause discomfort.

Or perhaps at the beginning, the body is so "happy" to receive the nutrients
that it was missing that it produces more enzymes. Or perhaps, if you eat too
much fruit, you digestion simply deteriorates.

JL