RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 11:27:43 -0700
| Jo:
| >Leave out the
| >dietary racism, plagarism, threats, etc. They would reach more people
| >without all that crap. Dietary truths have far more merit than its
| >messengers no matter how charismatic they may be.

Kirt queried:
| So are you saying that their message is a dietary truth underneath the
| crappy delivery? This completely baffles me.

Smokin' Jo sez:
The passage you alluded to should have been split into two paragraphs (now
you know why copy editors grow grey hairs real fast). The last sentence (on
it's own) was a general reference to all dietary schools, not just NFL.
Actually, I thought specifically of  Dr. Herbert Shelton when I wrote it.

| What truth does NFL act as messengers for? "Cooked food is
| poison!"? It seems that everyone forgives them most anything because their
| "message" is a "dietary truth". Their message seems a gross exaggeration to
| me. Where is the truth? That cooked food causes wars and all disease and
| politics? That anyone who eats cooked food or animal foods is inferior to
| them? Oh, but they have so much "truth" foaming from their mouths! ;)

| Please help me understand what "dietary truth" lurks underneath the NFL
| absurdity. And maybe help me to understand what is at all valuable about
| them "reaching" a single human being with their message of hate and
| violence?
|
| It just all sounds like the end justifies the mean. And in this case the
| end is so overboard as to be untrue, and the means are simply ugly. What
| don't I understand?

Dietary truths emerge for each person and the messages offered by the
different schools of health can be taken for what they're worth (to the
individual). You obviously don't agree with NFL's message. Fine. And if you
check the archives, it's pretty clear I reject their hate and violence and
juvenile over-simplifications. So beyond critisizing their "crappy
delivery" (and by now we all know you don't approve), what is your problem?

I mean, it seems you don't need to understand anything; that you already
know what you want to hear; that you've decided to trash everything
associated with NFL. Fine and dandy, have a candy. That's your perogative.
But I've just chosen not to put my phasers online, if ya know what I mean.
Why is it so hard for you to understand that?

Do I detect something personal between you and NFL? Have they threatened
you? Attacked your good name? Have they been pilfering your coconuts? Do
they personnify your unpleasant memories (of being a hard core fruitarian)?
Are YOU trying to save the world or what? There's no need to respond to
these queries. Just some things to consider. But I agree with Rex that
behind the sarcasm, there's a hint of bitterness in the foam coming from of
YOUR mouth.

I reckon the questions come down to these: what is it that we find so
objectionable about this person / organization / theory / practice /
religion / etc? (ie. why does it / do they upset us so much?) and is it a
reflection of an aspect of ourselves that we find lacking?

If you want to continue this discussion, how about emailing me privately?
We're flogging a dead horse here and there's no need to subject other list
members to this bucket of chum.