RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 14:56:46 -0500
Dariusz:
>My teeth are my life's only regret.

You most have led a blessed life. ;-)

>Anyway, I don't suppose there are any success stories of people who
>managed with no fillings altogether?

This is possible but only with small surface cavities that may recalsify
with stringent dental hygiene.

>I wonder what would happen if my fillings were removed and not replaced
with anything.

It could make the structure of your tooth unstable so that it would crack
at some point and if the cavity was deep enough, it could make the pulp
chamber and the nerve of the tooth vulnerable to trauma and bacteria -
especially if more caries occurs.

>What in your opinion is the best way to replace missing teeth (and safest)?

The safest is having a removable tooth or removable, partial denture
attached. However, it is not very practical as the tooth/denture has to be
taken out and cleaned after each meal. Permanent bridges and implants can
both be very problematic. Metals, which can be toxic and cause galvanic
currents in the mouth, are often involved in these processes and the filing
down of the neighboring teeth to fit the bridge can cause these to abscess.
If you are facing any major dental work, I recommend trying to find a
holistically oriented laser dentist. With the laser you can often avoid the
use of metals and much of the filing down of the teeth for bridges and
caps. For a laser dentist in your area use your favorite web search engine.

>I won't give you the old "animals don't do it" excuse, it may or may not
>apply IMO, but I get my stops from toothpastes rather quickly.  I haven't
>touched them in months.

Toothpastes are not foods so I do not see the relevance of getting a
"stop". Luckily, baking soda, sea salt, plain water or just using a dry
brush are probably just as good anyhow. It is the mechanical removal of
plaque and bits of food that is the important factor.

>I don't see anything wrong with eating your fill of fruit.

Not if your dental hygiene is good and your overall diet is supplying your
teeth the nutrients they need to remain strong.

>The 20 or so kg of honey I had in the past few weeks hasn't done much to
>my teeth either.   In fact, they look whiter and healthier than ever
>before, with brushes and toothpastes.  What do you expect me to do with
>these results?

Since you have not been on a natural diet all your life and have had you
share of dental problems, I expect you to start getting more cavities 6
months down the line. Receding gum lines, gum pockets, cracked fillings and
teeth just generally worn down unnaturally from a processed diet with poor
hygiene need to be cleaned on a daily basis.

Best, Peter