RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 1996 17:07:02 -0700
Date correction: in a previous posting, I might have given the wrong dates
for the Whole Life Expo talks: Brian Clement is Saturday, April 27, and
Roe Gallo is Sunday, April 28, 1996.

just returned from SF-LiFE potluck (the local raw foods potluck), and had a
few notes to pass on...

1. Lee Hitchcock spoke at the potluck on his studies of the Hunza and other
peoples known for long life. His perspective on protein is quite interesting;
he looks at it strictly from a % protein per calorie basis. On that basis,
broccoli (45%), spinach (50%) and many other vegetables are higher in protein
than beans and nuts!

2. Interesting dishes...
There was a "pina colada" raw cake that received rave reviews. I didn't taste
it so cannot confirm. There was a dulse/seaweed sa;ad whose dominant flavor
was sweet (not salty); it had sesame seeds in it. Also, there was a carrot
and raisin salad, flavored with apple juice, cinnamon, other ingredients. It
was very nice.

If I can get recipes for the above, I will post them. Note that it may take some
time, as I first have to get the recipe, then I won't post it without permission
from the recipe creator.

3. The holistic dentist in San Francisco is Dr. Thomas Stone; I don't have his
phone number handy and couldn't get it from information (he works part time,
and uses the office of another dentist). I asked for the number from the leader
of SF-LiFE; she will call me with the info and I will post it as soon as I
receive it...

Tom Billings