RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
arjen hoekstra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:51:34 -0800
Jo:
"I agree that flesh food is not essential for health.
About raw fats, I'm not so sure."

As far as I know there are only 2 essential fatty
acids: Omega 3 and Omega 6. Flax oil is 55-65% Omega 3
and 15-25% Omega 6. Research suggests that Omega 6/
Omega 3 should be no greater than 5/ 1 (typical in
most diets 20/ 1). Since getting enough Omega 6
doesn't seem to be a problem, a rich Omega 3 source in
your diet is essential. Flax is perfect for that. I
know that you have to eat quite a bit of that, but
that is not a problem for me (dehydrated flax crackers
and ground up flax seeds).

Jo:
"If ever you find yourself as a long term raw vegan
with health problems which can not be alleviated by
the supplementation of B12 tablets and insects, what
will you do then?

I don't expect to have problems, since I am eating
according to my biological make-up as opposed to most
people on this board. But if that happens, I will deal
with it then. There is no reason to bother myself with
a question of which it is extremely unlikely that it
needs to be answered.

Secola/ Nieft:
"You are speaking illogical above (about age at
death). Nevertheless, 2500 years ago is hardly
relevant to a discussion of human ancestral diet or
longevity."

What I said is not illogical, but if it is too
difficult for you to see the logic in it, I will
reformulate it. Forget the difficult numbers I
mentioned. All I am basically saying is that the
average age at death in prehistoric humans is
extremely low and that it is hard to defend a
statement that they "thrive" when they die so young.

Secola/ Nieft:
"I am insulting your reasoning."

No you are not. These were your exact words: "it is
very hard to argue with an argumentative SOMEONE WHO
CAN'T THINK CLEARLY." (my capitalizing)
That is obviously referring to me as a person!

Secola/ Nieft:
"If one of your arguments is so utterly absurd, why
should anyone bother to go point by point with you?"

So, if I understand you correctly, someone that comes
with a hundred good arguments and one of them is wrong
(which hasn't so far even shown to be the case) you
are going to disregard everything. I think that shows
an extremely narrow minded approach to gathering new
information.

Secola/ Nieft:
"You seem to fantasize that anyone who finds your
arguments flawed is threatened (by your arguments).
Why is that?"

This is again not the case. If people think that my
arguments are flawed and they come up with valid
counter arguments, I don't have any problem with that.
But when people start insulting me and putting words
into my mouth and don't have any valid counter
arguments, I will have to conclude that they don't
want to see their ideologies shattered.

Take care, Arjen

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1