RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 18 May 97 08:54:35 -0000
>Zephyr,
>
>thank your for further information about your teeth. One single amalgam
>filling should not be something to cause trouble, although it has given
>you a certain load of heavy metals over the years. I'm not feeling
>satisfied here because applying gold after amalgam will fix the rests
>of the amalgam in the body (mainly brain, jaw) but maybe it's not so much
>in your case.

Who knows.  I think, as a tendency, this list is overly materialistically
focused in looking for causes of suffering.  What is one amalgam filling
compared to a broken family, an oppressive, consumptive, unnurturing
culture, etc.  I know this is a raw food list, but sometimes it feels a
little bit much for me.  OTOH, no one conversation gets me feeling this
way, it's an overall thing.

Anyway, I'm confused when you say I'm n o t feeling satisfied.  Do you
mean to have the "not" there?

>Zephyr:
>>Morrill, an instincto in the SF area for 11 years, and an avid reader
>>says that you can freeze a mammalian egg and sperm, thaw them out and
>>they can still make a baby!  That's pretty significant, yeah?
>
>You can also freeze human sperms and use them to fertilize an egg but
>results are worse than with fresh sperms. Some damage to the genes occurs.
>I got this information from the newspaper, dunno when.

Right, my point isn't that freezing is wonderful, it's that it ain't so
bad.  I notice my body and personality structure would rather eat frozen
durian occasionally than none at all.  Given my available meat supply I
never consider eating frozen meats, but I'm sure if I was driving in
pickup truck through winter and found a frozen deer on the side of the
road I would pick it up and go figure out how to salvage the good meat
out of it.  At least in ideal situations, if you know what I mean.

>Zephyr:
>>Wait a minute!  The Orkos dates come from Jamie Jones, et. al. in Borrego
>>Springs, CA.  You can directly order a 15lb box from them for very
>>reasonable prices.  I've visited them twice.  He's primarily a raw
>>foodist, and his farming is of very high integrity.
>
>Thank you for this information. Where would I have found dates from this
>vendor in a store in CA? When I was in CA all sorts of dates available at
>Whole Foods were denatured.
>Would you mind giving me the phone number (no 1-800 please, not diable
>from
>foreign countries) and the address of Jamie Jones?

The Date People
Jamie & Anjou Jones
PO Box 2328
Borrego Springs, CA  92007
619-540-5693

Jamie doesn't sell in stores.  Probably, like too many things, good dates
must be gotten direct or at a farmers' market..

>Also thank you for further information about sources of fish/meat. When
>I was in CA on business I had no time to contact local farmers. And I
>didn't stumble by chance into a shop that offered good quality. Maybe
>those shops are too rare.

Very rare.  Probably the only two places to be instincto quality-ish meat
from SF to LA is these two stores in Santa Barbara.  One must be a
detective to find these shops; but as time goes on I think it will become
easier.  Just 8 or 10 years ago you couldn't even get chemical free beef,
now it is easily found at any larger health food grocery.

>Best instinctive wishes to you and Deborah,

You may also have the best instinctive wishes, whatever those are?-)

Zephyr