RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 1997 22:48:57 -0800
The following is an edited copy of an e-mail written by Morris Krok,
on a raw diet. The material has been edited to remove any information
re: the identity of the person making the inquiry.

Regards,
Tom Billings

===========begin material by Morris Krok================

        On a day to day basis, I find the best method is to start the day
with five glasses or more of plain water, then I swing my arms back and
forward fairly vigorously for a hundred or more times to get my circulation
and nerve energy flowing, then I do my yoga exercises, lotus pose five
minutes and finish with the headstand for ten minutes. I always do those
poses that stretch the spine. Before the exercises one can have a shower.
After exercises have one or two or more glasses of water and learn to
sniff water.
        By this time one has to go to work so there is no time to eat. If
you have had supper you will not be hungry and there is a strong possibility
you will not be hungry at midday. Plain water and few simple exercises is
all that is needed to get rid of false hunger.
        To cater for all eventualities I follow the philosophy that here
is no such thing as a special illness, or that there is such a thing as a
special cure, or that one has to follow a special diet or that one has to
believe in a Creator or follow a special religion. I believe that life is
greater than our beliefs and is not impressed by speculation or wishful
thinking. Yoga and nature cure teach this when we contact its inner
teaching. For this reason in order to be healthy we need more non-nutritive
things such as exercise, fresh air, sunshine, and rest than we need food.
        This applies specially to any person who commences eating raw food,
especially after all the wrong foods eaten from infancy. The residues from
these foods plus toxins in the form of medicine only help to feed our
illnesses and symptoms which over the years change and become more
widespread over the body; but no matter how varied one's symptoms are they
are fed or fueled by the same toxic substances that has accumulated in the
body. Therefore, when one starts eating more profusely on raw, more
cleansing and juicy foods, it stirs up these toxins and residues with the
consequence that one's symptoms can become worse, but this is only
temporary. However, too much raw concentrated food such as dates, raisins,
dried fruits, honey and molasses, or even too much fruit can exacerbate the
situation. This is easily remedied by omitting all food for a while by
fasting on water or diluted juices so that a greater degree of inner
cleansing can take place and the activities of the body are not hindered by
additional quantities of food. It is good practice to live only on water
for thirty six hours once a week, and every few months or when necessary to
fast for as many days as necessary to get the body clean again.
        When we learn that some people have found themselves more healthy by
living for months or weeks on single food such as young peas or carrots
that the science as nutrition presented to us today is a myth, provided
that single food is whole and concentrated enough. For this reason it would
be very difficult to live only on juicy fruit for very extended periods of
time, espcially in cold climates or high altitudes. They are absorbed too
readily and break up too quickly to keep the body sustained for long
periods. It has been found that person who eat too much in this fashion
have problems with their teeth. Essie Honiball who wrote the book I Live on
Fruit tells how she travelled my miles in the search of avocado pears and
also had to eat a small quantity of nuts daily.
        Consequently everyone has to find out through experimentation and
careful observation when he must eat and what he must eat, but as already
stated he must take into account his living habits from infancy and the
resultant withdrawal symptoms that may occur as a result of the change.
Animals when ill or injured do not eat, even their natural food, because
eating results in fermentation and putrefaction which interferes with
healing and normalization.
        My findings are that drinking water between meals is a great help
and that one is more refreshed by cold or luke warm showers, and exposing
the naked body to the sun and air than the eating of fruit. Providing that
we do not stay too long in the sun, half an hour to an hour is adequate.
On hot days eating fruit is not refreshing as it does not take the place
of plain water.

        When the body is thorougly cleansed and one has adequate water,
rest, exercise, fresh air, sunshine and is enthusiastic about life and has
many interests other than food and the self, one no longer is food or body
conscious, or is depressed or worried about anything specific.

... but what I have
definitely proved over forty five years that we do not need any medicine or
vaccination, or that we have to fear viruses etc., and seek a label for our
symptoms. A stitch in time saves nine as on day to day basis by missing
meals and periodically by living on water for thirty six hours or more once
or twice a week, even if at times we do not eat perfectly, we will always
be in control of our health and our mind will always be efficient.

                                With regards,

                                Morris Krok

Morris Krock

Essence of Health is the Essence of Life

P.O.Box 1129
Wandsbeck
3631
South Africa