RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:20:52 -0500
Kirt:

>The wild pigs here on the big island are known for coming down into the Mac
>orchards and feasting on the fallen nuts. One gains a certain respect for
>an animal which could crack Mac nuts in its teeth, no?

Yep. I forgot to say that I also tried to crack Macs with my teeth (without
insisting too much!), and it didn't work. Not surprising, since Macs have been
the ideal nut-cracker-crackers. I still have to improve before I can become a
pig.

> JL, where did you find fresh olives in Phili?
> My best, Ellie

Just in an ordinary grocery (the olives aren't organic), near center city (20th
and Chestnut). Oh, since we are talking about nuts, the streets here in Philly
have nice names, like Filbert, Walnut, Chestnut, Pine... But there is no "Cashew
Street" nor "Sprouted Thai Coconut Street".

Best wishes,

Jean-Louis