RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 14:57:20 -0400
Yep!  Let me tell you this much: I am happy enough as it is these days,
but today I am happier even.  I just discovered that a local health
food store carries all kinds of quality, free-range organic meats!
Silly me I haven't asked earlier...

They have beef, ground veal, chicken, you name it.
I am starting with some ground veal today ($25/kg, mind you) and boy, am
I in for a treat...

Regarding meat, I wonder whether someone could tell me how to best store
it.  Just the fridge, or necessarily the freezer?  How about keeping it
in my room (around 10C)?  Do any of you "air-dry" meat or store it in a
special way that makes it tastier?

Also bought some Dulse a couple of days ago.  I can only take it in very
small quantities, otherwise it is too salty.  Are any other varieties
less salty? Nori?