RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paul Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:08:13 -0400
> I'm already taking Natren Trenev Trio. Apart from this I take a
> huge load of
> vitamins and minerals to make up for diagnosed deficiencies until
> my body is
> capable of properly extracting them from the food I take (which
> it currently
> obviously doesn't). I have to say that compared to a year ago I
> already feel
> much better.

Glad to hear that. Take whatever supps help you feel better, but
something
to keep in mind - at certain points you may be surprised that ones
that help
you now stop working, or become useless and even detrimental later on.

> It's just that I thought eating raw food would be the ideal
> solution for me, and apparently it doesn't work out that way.

Be patient, and also it may not be 100% raw for you that is ideal
(though
I'm not necessarily opposed to that despite certain important issues
-
nutritional and psycho-social - regarding 100% raw diets).

> I hardly have any addiction left (I quit cow milk products, TV soaps,
> coffee, French fries) except sugar. I try to stay away from it, and
> sometimes succeed for 6 months in a row. Then for some reason or
> another, I
> just can't resist (like today, when in the middle of the night we heard
> someone broke into my husband's office). I know I should be stronger, and
> still reason doesn't always win. I'm not depressed or anything. There's
> always another chance tomorrow.

I wish I could tell you exactly why staying away from refined sugar is
easy
for me (actually having to eat it for some reason would be hard), but
it
appears that simply a combination of things I've learned, plus simply
knowing what it does/did to me, seem to be all I need. I think the
psychological part is sort of like the situation with certain
long-term
vegetarians who do not 'believe' in meat-eating, and it just becomes
something they don't and maybe can't do or would find very difficult.

> Next week I'm going to see my doctor and ask him about colon cleansing.

I don't think I mentioned it but I agree with Mark, yes, this can be
very
helpful too, as long as you are not cleansing to compensate for recent
dietary indiscretion.

Paul